Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't worry about a thing.

I did what any sensible person would do after bathing in the Ganga, took a shower and washed my clothes.

These is an initial shock of transition everywhere I go, especially now that I'm on my own, but I realize that this is a nice town, relaxing, full of a lot of false spirituality and some purity. Lots of free yoga taught by Brazilians, and 100 rupee yoga taught by tall, thin, flexible Indians. Also amazing to me that I can be eating 3 good means at restaurants everyday and this is not considered splurging. Actually besides food and accommodations, I haven't spent anything here. I was looking at clothes in a store today and they told me they could make me anything but as I showed them the things I wanted they didn't actually have any of the fabric...

So yes, lots and lots of yoga, took a nice long walk today with my travel buddies and took a dip in the Ganga on a secluded beach... What else have I been doing here...? Not much, really. Just enjoying much. Having moments of thinking far too much and then getting back into my body. Getting massively hot and sweaty.

I was contemplating going back to McLeod. For Love. And For Nostalgia. For a person and for the whole culture. I almost fell into this trap, but then the Idea to go to Nepal with Katie came up, and my spark of enthusiasm and lust for life returned. I realize we are forever touched and changed by every act of love, and I can happily move on without having lost anything.

The plan, as it looks now, involves a day trip to Haridwar for Kumba Mela, perhaps Wednesday, and leaving to Delhi on Friday and heading on the way to Nepal, which'll be a long journey. Night trains, night busses, but hopefully worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment