Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You are the creator, sustainer, destroyer.

Car and Bus rides are always contemplative times.
 
Saying goodbye again... This time really meaning it. To Dharamsala. To Sonam. A place and person who changed my life in ways I can't yet imagine.
 
I seem to be somewhat back in the flow? Whatever that means. I was waiting for a signal from the universe to move, and it seemed to come. Go to Manali, so I did. Stunning cab ride through mountains and canyons and little Indian villages. There was a Kali festival happening in one of the villages. Kali... Had a lot of her energy in my life for awhile there. Interesting how the void mysteriously opens up and then just as mysteriously closes, leaving the haunting memory and feeling of unease.
 
I made some really good friends in Dharamsala before I left. I am supposed to meet up with them (supposedly tomorrow) in Kullu to go to the village of Malana. Every time I try their cell however I get a message saying it is switched off, and they haven't responded to my email, so I may be on my own.
 
Rolling into this town yesterday it wasn't exactly what I expected. All the different parts of town are rather far away from each other, and it was actually cold! Haven't been cold in awhile... Staying in a nice guesthouse that friends reccommended. People seem nice there.
 
Today took a rickshaw to Vashisht and went to the hotsprings... The hotsprings were a temple with public baths, which were rather dirty and too hot to get into. I dipped my feet in and out and sat with some older Israeli women for a little while. I then started walking around and found the trail to the waterfall. The waterfall and little temple below it were pretty stunning. I then had lunch and walked back on my own, which was about 3 k. I explored New Manali a bit and then returned to Old Manali, where I'm staying.
 
Feeling the sting at the moment of being on my own. Of again not knowing what I'm going to be doing. For some reason I have a really hard time just being on my own without much input from other people. I was fine during the day but it just feels like it is building up now.
 
I did, however, see my first Yak today. I realized earlier today I didn't actually know what a Yak looked like, which was a surprising realization since I'd been talking about Yaks with Tibetan people for a month!
 

2 comments:

  1. are yeaks as lovable as they sound? they've been popping up in life here often as of late! they must be almost as wonderful as you! love, Sus

    ReplyDelete
  2. J9
    bring sus a yak!
    it can keep you company in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete