Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sonam's letter

"My name is Sonam Dhondup, aged 25 yrs. old, escaped from Tibet in the year 2003; except  me, the rest of my family members are in Tibet. I can only talk to them occasionally but I don't know when I can see them again. Ever since coming into exile, I have always wanted to go on a year long pilgrimage to major Buddhist sacred sites in India and Nepal, doing prostration at those sacred places for the sake of world peace and prosperity. I wish to accumulate approximately 36000 prostrations in a year.

   I have had done prostration along with my sister and parents when I was 11 years old, from my hometown of Tawu, eastern Tibet to Lhasa visiting all the pilgrimage sites on the way, which took 3 years and 7 months. Then again, I repeated the same procedure when I was 16 yrs. old.

   Now that after being 7 years in India, I have learned enough passable Hindi. So, I think it's the right time for me to fulfill the wishes of my parents to go on a pilgrimage by doing prostration in the land of Buddha.

   In order to accomplish this great journey, I am ready to leave my decent job but still the major obstacle is that I just need some money to sustain me during this period of more than 1 year. Therefore, I humbly beg and entreat you with folded palms to sponsor for this genuine cause."
 
 
 
I really want to try hard and help this dear friend of mine get sponsorship for this journey.
 

3 comments:

  1. I can help. How much does he need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, how much does he need for this year?

    ReplyDelete