Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm not liking Agra very much. but we're not here long. Really it is just a place to chill. I think the ratio of meters walked to amount of times harassed to buy something or go in a shop, etc. is the lowest of any place we've gone so far, but hey, theres still time for this to be beaten. I'm pretty tired of it at the moment. My whols soma needs a break and then perhaps I'll have some renewed tolerance for it. As just one too many rickshaw drivers confronted me I found myself hissing at one of them rather animalistically. It was pretty hilarious, actually. It cracked him up.
 
We did a night train last night from Varanasi to Agra. 2nd class sleeper this time, a class below what we did before. Main differences were size of beds, clenliness, lack of bedding provided for beds, and chai wallahs in the middle of the night. I slept pretty well, actually. We had to sleep with our packs with us on our beds for extra security. With already very little room I wasn't pleased about this bud defised an ingenious way to strap it to the ceiling fan and bars so it dangled above me and off over the aisle. I saw the Taj Mahal this morning when I was still somewhat asleep, in fact I have spent most of the day in a state where if I close my eyes I'll begin dreaming about things people just said. Seeing the Taj was pretty surreal. Definitely cool, too bad theres nothing else to do in this town.
 
Had a lovely final day in Varanasi yesterday, will miss it much.

1 comment:

  1. ah the life of the world! it will teach us to appreciate even more our space that we have here.

    ReplyDelete